Executive Director’s Message
Dear Charter School Leader,
The North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools is the state’s largest membership and support organization for public charter schools. It is run by and for charter schools and provides a wide array of services and support to help all of our state’s charter schools, large and small, provide a high quality education for Tar Heel students.
In just 23 years, the number of North Carolina’s public charter schools has grown to 184 with fourteen more opening this year, twelve approved to open in 2020, and five Fast Track or Acceleration applicants. With this kind of growth, we will be well over 200 public charter schools in 2020, proudly offering parents a school choice option that is not limited by zip code.
While we celebrate this impending milestone, we know there is still much more work to be done. The NC Association for Public Charter Schools is committed to our mission of advancing quality educational opportunities for all North Carolina children by supporting and expanding successful charter schools, and we are making impressive strides in public charter school advocacy.
IN CASE YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT:
- North Carolina is the top federal advocate! North Carolina has the highest amount of grassroots outreach to our Members of Congress in the federal campaigns in 2018.
- Your Association has had more than 20 press releases, op-ed, statements, interviews, and articles published in the last year.
- Support for the Association by membership has more than doubled.
- The Association’s lobbyists are representing you on Jones Street every day by meeting one-on-one with legislators, attending committee meetings, and informing policymakers about vital charter school issues.
- Our 2019 state conference in Cherokee had the highest attendance on record.
- This year’s National School Choice Week Fair will bring together a multitude of public charter schools in a School Choice Fair at the Raleigh Convention Center.
By becoming a member of the NC Association for Public Charter Schools, you are pledging your commitment to a strong, united voice for school choice in our state. You are part of the “200 Strong.” Not only are you supporting this vital work, but your school will enjoy a variety of membership benefits (see the attached chart). To lessen the impact to your operating budgets, enjoy the discount of membership dues based on your 2018-2019 student enrollment until November 1. Please join us in this important work by becoming one of the 200 Strong today!
Yours for charter success,
North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools