Who We Are
The North Carolina Association of Public Charter Schools is a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to the interests of our state’s charter schools. These interests include:
- Pushing for equitable policy for our state’s charter schools by developing our legislative agenda annually and presenting it before the General Assembly.
- Keeping you informed by sharing news updates about the charter school movement on the local, state, and national levels.
- Hosting professional development workshops from which charter school teachers can apply credit towards their continuing education.
In addition to our advocacy, we serve as a resource hub for NC charter schools that includes the following:
- Connecting charter schools to each other through our annual summer conference, the largest charter schools conference in North Carolina!
- Partnering with a diverse set of companies that specialize in products and services customized for charter schools.
- Maintaining a job board that connects candidates with open positions at charter schools across the state.
- Providing a resource page for parents that includes tips for your child’s academic success, SAT/ACT prep, and scholarship search.
- Providing a resource page for schools that includes links to charter school guidelines, regulations, and capital financing strategies.