- IDEA rights apply even in times of crisis.
- Schools/districts should convene IEP teams (remotely, if needed) before changing students’ placements.
- Schools/districts that close and/or move to remote instruction must ensure that all students have the resources needed to access the new model.
- Accommodations, modifications, and other supports guaranteed under Section 504 must also be provided.
- Schools must work closely with parents to think and plan how to meet students’ needs in this chaotic time.
- Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the perfect.