Leadership Opportunity with a North Carolina Charter School in Lake Lure, NC
(full time, beginning July 1, 2020 (or earlier if possible)
About the School: Lake Lure Classical Academy (LLCA), a Title 1, K-12 Charter School opened in 2010, is located in beautiful Lake Lure, NC amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains and just 30-45 minutes from popular and growing areas such as Asheville and Hendersonville, NC. LLCA is ideally situated to serve students from the 5 counties that surround the school. LLCA completed construction in 2015 on its academic facility, 50,000 square feet of space, and in 2018, added a gymnasium/auditorium to serve its current enrollment of 505.
About the Leadership Environment: The Executive Director is supported by seven FT administrative staff members including an Assistant Director, a Lower School Principal, a High School Principal, an Operations Manager who handles all finances and budgeting and oversees daily operations (facilities, maintenance, buses), a Technology Director, and two school administrative assistants. Two part-time professionals, a Communications/Marketing expert and an Advancement professional, also provide support. LLCA employs about 50 teachers and the new Executive Director will be supported by a vibrant board that is eager to work with the Director to achieve common goals. The school has increased its enrollment by 25% in the last 4 years as well as adding 10 sports for grades 6-12 and now turns its focus to measured growth and academic excellence. If you desire an opportunity to help develop a school to its full potential – collaborating with the Board to create a compelling strategic plan and with faculty to expand the academic program and reach the next level of excellence, this position will appeal to you!
Responsibilities and Competencies
The skilled leader will
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a clear and compelling Strategic Plan that focuses on enhancing academic programs, expanding academic opportunities (e.g., STEAM, AIG programs, global learning), offering strong professional development opportunities for staff, and growing infrastructure (e.g., technology).
- Articulate LLCA’s mission, vision and curriculum to both internal and external audiences, building support for the school in the local community, infusing energy into the school, and increasing enrollment.
- Evaluate the existing curricula, pedagogy and student assessment results and work collaboratively with teachers to implement changes to enhance student-learning outcomes and to move LLCA to an “A” level school (currently “B” level).
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in a timely and clear manner including teachers, parents, Board members, and the local community.
- Develop and lead a cohesive and high-performing team of staff and faculty providing timely and effective feedback to enhance performance and professional development opportunities to ensure cutting-edge skills and up-to-date knowledge.
- With the help of the Operations Manager, develop and manage a budget to support LLCA, prioritizing items that create the most positive impact for LLCA.
- Promote collaborative relationships with the local community by finding opportunities to involve the local community in the school and to support the community with events offered at the school.
- Promote an attitude of excellence, identifying challenging goals and holding everyone accountable for school success.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of a MA degree (with an education degree preferred) and classroom experience as a teacher; 2 years of experience working in an educational setting as a leader, with 5 or more years of experience preferred.
Salary/Benefits: LLCA is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a comprehensive package that includes:
A competitive salary in the top 50% for school leaders in NC with bonus incentives based on performance
Professional development opportunities
Competitive benefit package including medical, disability and retirement plans
To confidentially apply for this position:
please go to http://www.developmentalassociates.com and click on the Lake Lure Classical Academy Executive Director link on the left side of the home page. All applications and materials must be submitted online through this application website. Resumes and cover letters should be uploaded with your application. The ad closes March 11th. All inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. LLCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Search and Selection Services Managed by Developmental Associates LLC.