Raleigh Oak Charter School seeks an Education Director and Co-Administrator to help lead our new charter school. Raleigh Oak Charter School is a charter initiated school inspired by the principles of Public Waldorf Education. The school aims to nurture the whole child through an integrated curriculum that cultivates each individual's innate creative, intellectual, emotional, physical, and social capacities.
Raleigh Oak Charter School will open in the summer of 2018. The school will open with 200 students K-3 and matriculate to 450 students in grades K-8.
At Raleigh Oak Charter School, you will work in a collaborative capacity with the Lead Administrator. You will have the unique opportunity to help shape the foundations of the school during our planning year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Curriculum, instruction and assessment lead
- Supports the learning of all students and serves on the ELL and EC teams
- Assists in overall operations and school management
- Testing coordinator for ROCS
- Co-leader for recruitment and retention of teachers and staff
- Co-leader for hiring, supervision and evalaution of teachers
- Parent and community outreach
- Lead and coach teachers through weekly classroom observations and one on one meetings
- Co-leader for professional development and coaching: Knowledge of effective staff development models that lead to the successful development of effective teachers
- Co-supervise student behavior management
- Support the A+ arts integration work of ROCS
- 504 and EC team
- Promote strong student achievement results
- Grant writing, marketing, fundraising
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Training in Waldorf Education preferred but not required
- Commitment to Waldorf Principles, Techniques, and Teaching Methods
- NC Administrator License
- K-5 Teaching and Administrative Experience
- Strong Experience in Powerschool/Homebase
- Strong technology skills
- Strong data conception skills
- Excellent communication skills
- NC State Health Plan (medical, dental)
- Retirement Benefits (457 plan)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- How many years of NC Public School Administrative experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Master's?
- Do you have the following license or certification: NC Administrator License?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Waldorf Teacher Certification?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?