Advancing quality educational opportunities for all North Carolina children by supporting and expanding successful charter schools.
The Six Legislative Purposes of a Charter School
(1) Create new professional opportunities for teachers, including the opportunities to be responsible
for the learning program at the school site.
(2) Hold schools accountable for meeting measurable student achievement results.
(3) Provide parents and students with expanded choices in the types of educational opportunities
that are available within the public school system.
(4) Improving student learning.
(5) Increasing learning opportunities for all students, with a special emphasis on at-risk or gifted
(6) Encourage the use of different and innovative teaching methods