The North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools is the state’s primary membership and support organization for public charter schools. It is run by and for charter schools. It provides a wide array of services and support to help all of our state’s charter schools, large and small, provide a high quality education for NC students.
Dues are assessed in the fall after charter schools 20 day Average Daily Memberships (ADM) are published by the Department of Public Instruction. Membership lasts for one year.
$1.75 x 20 day ADM
Second-Year Schools and Beyond
$3.50 x 20 day ADM
- Exclusive access to Association Job Board to list open positions and review resumes.
- Listing on the Association Find-a-School Map that helps parents find charter schools near them.
- Monthly e-newsletters and alerts with the latest news in the charter school world.
- Discounts to annual conference and other events that bring together charter school and education leaders from our state and nation to provide networking and professional development.
- Breaking updates on state and federal charter school legislation.
- Assistance with media relations to promote your school’s successes or deal with a crisis.
- Opportunities to collaborate with charter leaders from across your region and across the state.
- Information on successful best practices used at other charter schools.
- Members-only access to a growing of list valuable resources in the NCAPCS online library, including ready-made school forms, manuals and other essential school operations documents.
- Your membership dues also support NCAPCS’ ongoing effort to educate state and national legislators and the media about the positive contributions of NC charter schools.
Q: How long will our school membership last?
A: Your school membership lasts one year from the date of payment as shown on your receipt. For example, if Whizcademy pays for membership on September 1, 2018, its membership will expire September 1, 2019
Q: How many charter schools are in NC?
|A: As of the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year there are 173. You may see a complete list here.|
Q: How long have charter schools been around in NC?
|A: The first charter schools opened in 1997, the year after charter school law was passed by the NC General Assembly in 1996.|
Q: Are the number of charter schools in NC growing?
|A: Absolutely! We are in a pivotal period of the NC charter school movement! Since the NC General Assembly lifted the 100-charter-school cap in 2011, more individuals and groups have been inspired to start charter schools. Today, NC has 173 charter schools–roughly an additional 12 schools opening each year over the last 6 years! Additionally, schools already in operation continue to expand by adding new grades, adding new programs, renovating / moving to larger buildings, and upgrading technology. At this rate, NC is projected to exceed 200 charter schools in the next few years.|
Q: We have heard about your conference before? What is it’s purpose?
Q: How can we pay for membership?
|Payment by Credit Card
At the bottom of this page, select Pay by Credit Card. Enter your company name, title, company description, select the preferred membership tier, and click submit. You will be taken to a page where you will enter your credit card information. After you enter your credit card information, click CHECK OUT for your payment to process. A sales receipt will be emailed to you (check your spam in case you don’t see it right away). Please save the receipt in your records, and record your expiration date in your calendar.
Payment by eCheck / ACH
At the bottom of this page, select Pay by Check. Complete the form and submit. You will be emailed an invoice within 1 business day. In the email, click View Invoice and select the eCheck / ACH option. Complete and submit the check information, and you will automatically receive your sales receipt after the check is processed. Please save the receipt in your records, and record your expiration date in your calendar.
Payment by Mailing a Check
At the bottom of this page, select Pay by Check. Complete the form and submit. You will be emailed an invoice within 1 business day. You will be expected to have your check delivered to the following address no later than 10 business days (2 weeks) from the date you receive your invoice:
North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools
242 West Millbrook Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Your membership will become active the day you submit the membership form provided that your check is received on time. Otherwise, your membership will be suspended. Record your expiration date in your calendar.
Q: How do we find out our 20-day ADM?
|A: You may begin by accessing NCDPI’s data and reports on student accounting. ADM data for the 2017-2018 school year is expected to be released in October after public schools have reached the 20-day mark.|
Q: Our school was a member in the past under the former Association, but we are not sure if we are still members under the new Association. How do we find out if our membership is still active?
|A: Please email Operations Assistant Joshua Hoke firstname.lastname@example.org to verify.|
Submit your NCAPCS School Membership