Major Duties and Responsibilities:
● Serve client and employees, including teachers and school administrators, by handling
day to day questions and helping to resolve work related concerns. Work with
Headmaster and School Principals to handle the investigation process for employee
● Assist in communicating company policies and procedures. Promote understanding
within the organization and across school operations.
● Assist administrators in recruitment for open positions, drafting offer letters, providing
following through with candidates, supporting hiring managers, and reporting statistics.
● Draft and update job descriptions; assist in classifying positions and / or reclassifying
positions as needed.
● Coordinate the posting and advertisement of vacancies and Human Resource
● Assist administration with new employee induction program.
● Administer employee benefit programs, answer employee questions, support claim
resolutions, and maintain related systems.
● Support the performance review/evaluation process; provide employees and managers
with information about the process, policies, job duties, and process for promotion.
● Maintain employee records. Ensure employee teaching credentials are current and
up-to-date. Also, assist beginning teachers in obtaining initial licensure.
● Responsible for new hire, termination, and change of status forms with payroll. Serve
as an employee liaison to assist in problem resolution with issues related to benefit
deductions and pay.
● Coordinate and ensure completion of employee exit interviews.
● Lead negotiations with benefit providers and implement open enrollment process that
offers best-in-class benefits for employees.
● Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations (FMLA, FLSA).
● Administer a periodic staff survey and analyze and disseminate findings.
Manage HR programs and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401(K), short-term
disability, long-term disability, worker’s compensation, and life insurance plans.
● Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Human Resources, or
other similar degree required.
● Work Experience: At least two years of previous work experience in Human Resources,
particularly in charter schools, is preferred.
● General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; ability to
establish and maintain effective relationships with with peers and employees; ability to
present information and make recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Proficient computer and technology skills.
● Demonstrates good judgement; approachable and professional; solid problem solving
skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.
Position reports to the Upper School Principal.
Position is open until filled. Employment will begin on August 1, 2017.
Submit all letters of interest and resumes to:
Joe Maimone, Headmaster
Gary S. Blake, Upper School Principal