Why KIPP - Eastern NC Public Charter Schools?
We are seeking a calculus teacher for our high school in Gaston, NC (near the Virginia state boarder).
Our mission is to empower all of our students with the skills, knowledge and character necessary to succeed in the colleges of their choice, strengthen their community and fight for social justice. At KIPP ENC you can make a huge impact on not only our students, but our entire region. As agents of change, your dedication and entrepreneurial spirit will help students from rural and urban communities beat the odds and redefine what is possible in public education.
At KIPP ENC our teachers go above and beyond to empower our students. In return, KIPP gives our professionals more back-- more responsibility, more autonomy, more professional development and leadership opportunities, which lead to better academic success and options for students.
WE NEED YOU NOW IF YOU HAVE:
- A belief in and commitment to KIPP ENC's mission and core values is non-negotiable;
- Experience and success with historically under-served populations of students;
- Strong desire and commitment to teach in an academically intense curriculum and extended school day;
- Strong content area knowledge required;
- A "do whatever it takes attitude" to help our students reach academic excellence;
- Bachelor's degree required by the time employment begins in July;
- Valid NC certification is helpful but not required;
- Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required.
KIPPENC offers a generous compensation package. All teachers are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including weekly professional development, collaboration with peers and other KIPP network teachers, full health and retirement benefits, leadership pathways, laptop computer, smartphone, support with NC teaching certification and renewal, and competitive salaries.