Greensboro Sheraton and the Joseph Koury Convention Center
Greensboro, North Carolina
“WELCOME TO YOUR CONFERENCE!”
Eddie Goodall, Executive Director
The NC Public Charter Schools Association proudly presents the 2013 North Carolina Charter Schools Conference July 14-16 at the beautiful Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, NC! We are expecting 800 passionate educators, administrators, board members, parents, students, valued business members, legislators, and other stakeholders to make this the largest and most exciting charter event between Pennsylvania and Florida! The event’s focus will be recognizing our excellent teachers and is aptly entitled “Crowning our Educators”.
The conference will include:
- Top speakers, Mike Rutherford of the Rutherford Learning Group, who got out-of-sight ratings after keynoting our Leadership Conference last April in Charlotte; Michael Petrilli, of the Fordham Foundation, one of America’s leading education analysts and author of the Diverse School Dilemma; Speaker of the NC House, Thom Tillis, Dr. June Atkinson, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, with Ember Reichgott Junge, Dr. Steve Leinwand, Bill McBride, State Board Chair Bill Cobey, Eric Guckian, Governor McCrory’s Senior Education Policy Advisor, with more to be announced
- 48 quality breakout sessions with top rated presenters, covering Advocacy, Governance/Leadership, Instruction, and Operations. (Presentations closed)
- “In-house” training for many of our schools who have already registered
- Monday evening dance band, “Ken Knox & Company”, “Carolina Girls” in Club Fifth Season
- Charter Champions Awards
- Common Core training
- Hospitality Suite open for attendees
- Great food at the beautiful Koury Center and special room rates (through June 24th $119)
- Networking with your peers
- Sunday night reception in Hospitality Suite
- Deals for services and products from our trusted and valued business community. Businesses click here to sponsor
and much more…
Regular registration March 1: Association members $149 Non-members $199
You may register up to 5 attendees at one time. If you have over 5 just send us a list of all or a list of those over 5
You may pay via card (or request billing if over 5 or you are a school)
If you are unsure of who the attendees will be but want to secure registration, select “Bill me” and just email us and tell us the estimated number email: email@example.com
Sponsors and attendees will join the fun Sunday night from 7-9 in the Hospitality Suite and again at Monday night’s party, with the Ken Knox & Company Band (“Carolina Girls” & “Summer Time’s Calling Me”) at Club Fifth Season (below)!
Ken Knox & Company
For over four decades Ken Knox has been entertaining audiences with top of class music and showmanship. The former member of Chairmen of the Board whose legacy was built by the late Grammy Award winning General Johnson continues today with Ken Knox & Company (KCO). Ken Knox & Company (KCO) brings a high energy/high impact show filled with great Pop/R&B and Carolina Beach Music Hits which Ken was a part of like the infectious “Gone Fishin’”, “Id Rather Be In Carolina”, “On The Beach” and the everlasting “Carolina Girls”.
Ken Knox & Company (KCO) is supported by a full rhythm section and a three piece horn line The Executives. In September 2011 Ken Knox, Thomas Hunter and Richie Figueroa released their latest Hit “You”. This contemporary Pop/R&B hit has topped the Carolina Beach Music radio charts at Number One and continues to gain recognition both on the air waves and with live audiences up and down the East Coast and in the UK.
In 2012, Ken Knox & Company (KCO) performed for the DNC, Carolina Panthers Half Time show and in early 2013 were asked to perform for the North Carolina Governors Inauguration Concert to a very enthusiastic audience.
Released the end of 2012 the “Carolina Shuffle” line dance is sweeping audiences off their feet and gaining radio airplay.