Welcome to our website. Please make suggestions as to how we may constantly improve it. We are always willing to hear from you. My personal mobiles are 704.236.1234 and firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via this site.
NC Public Charter Schools Association is a membership coalition of NC charter schools established to serve, represent, and advocate for the interests of the schools and their children, parents, educators, and staff.
The Association’s focus is on the interests of the state’s existing schools and helping ensure their success. The Association will be operated as a 501(c) (6) not for profit, non partisan organization.
Please join the Association. Go to Join and see the services we offer. Business memberships are $500 a year and schools dues are based upon size.
You can get an idea of what we’ve done in the last year below.
In quality educational opportunity for all children,
More About the NCPCSA
The Association is a non-profit North Carolina corporation established in December of 2011, with operations beginning in 2012. We are an organization operating exclusively for exempt purposes as set forth in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Forms 990 for the calendar years 2012, 2013, and 2014 are located on our website at “About Us”.
Our Board of Directors includes Dr. Jane Young, Jim Stegall, Eddie Goodall, and Julie Ayers. Association policy is directed by a school member only Association Board of Advisors (ABA) for 2015-16 that includes: Carroll Reed (Southern Wake), Rhonda Dillingham (Uwharrie), Rudy Swofford (Summerfield), Simon Johnson (Quality Education), Natalie Brozy (Roxboro Community), Dave Machado (Lincoln Charter), Kirby McCrary (Millennium), Cynthia McQueen (Torchlight) Antoinette Ellison (INVEST Collegiate), Ivonne Reed (Langtree Charter), Stephen Hester (Bethel Hill) and Melanie Williams (PreEminent).
Our strength and ultimate success, however, lies in the day to day working partnerships we have with volunteers, educators, administrators, policy-makers, legislators, businesses, and public supporters who believe that choice and positive competition using high quality public charter schools are owed the children of North Carolina and represent good public policy!
We are the state’s leading and only full time charter advocate organization, providing legislative oversight, training workshops and conferences, communications forums, and leveraging the sector’s buying power working with our almost 100 business partners.
What have we done in the past year?
•• Held statewide conferences, attended by 500 in Wilmington July 29-August 1, 2014 and 550 in Durham July 19-21, 2015
• Celebrated National Charter Schools Week with a press conference at the General Assembly
• Held 2 January charter fairs in Raleigh and Charlotte in conjunction with “National School Choice Week”
• Maintained a vibrant website with nearly 100 content pages and 1,500 posts of relevant charter news since inception, plus over 1,000 Facebook & Twitter posts last year
• Issued our comprehensive monthly e-Newsletter, “Matters of Principal”, and other timely and critical news to our 4,000 subscriber list
• Monitored almost every State Board, Advisory Board meeting, and Senate and House Ed Committee meeting, this year adding a full-time lobbyist
• Consulted with and helped develop charter applicants for several charter applicants including providing “mock interviews”
• Solicited and placed interested citizens on applicant charter boards
• Attended charter board of director meetings across the state
• Provided ISIS accounting and financial services for schools
• Worked on charter issues with national and state policy makers including extensive involvement with 2015 state charter legislation including the fair funding coalition
• As a member, worked with the State Leaders Council of the National Alliance, attended the last 6 national conferences in Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Las Vegas, and, three weeks ago, New Orleans, as well as regional meetings across the US
• Created a business membership network and “Directory” with over 150 companies vowing to support charters and adding value to our member schools.
• Selected by BuyQ as its North Carolina charter buying coalition partner bringing huge discounts to our member schools
• Held training workshops for school leaders and educators
• Spotlighted our “”Charter Champions” during the year, crediting those “moving the ball” for the charter movement in our state
• Used e-surveys, webinars, & teleconferencing to more fluidly communicate with school leaders given their limited time available
• Participated in several community panels, TV, and radio speaking opportunities
• Provided print news articles and opinion pieces from dozens of interviews and press releases
• Visited at least 80 different charter schools since 2010 including speaking at school events, ribbon cuttings, etc.
• Directly served member schools with advice and support in facilities, financial, employee benefit, public relations, legislative, dispute mediation, and many other issues
• Established a member school Job Board
• Selected and recognized “Member of the Month” charters
• Continued our “Headmasters’ Head Table” school site meetings
• Created an interactive charter school website map
• Communicated with our Association Board of Advisors weekly to get the members’ advice and policy direction for our organization