NCAPCS Job Board
The Expedition School offers an exceptional project based learning approach with a STEM focused environment that seeks to develop high level analytical and critical thinking skills in all of its students. This focus is fully integrated within the core academic disciplines of mathematics, science, social sciences, language arts, and technology. This engaging and rigorous approach to educating students is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers at each grade level. TES operates on a modified year-round schedule.
A highly qualified candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Education
- Be certified in math or science or K-6
- Be able to successfully teach two classes of students.
- Be willing to be a full team participant in planning and implementing instruction and projects.
- Be responsible for planning all but the first 3 weeks of instruction.
- Be responsible for grading students during the substitute period.
- Be able to communicate with parents as needed.
This position is for 6-7 weeks and will approximately start on or around August 30th, 2017.